Tuesday 26 June 2012

Baby and Family Portraits

I had the absolute pleasure of being commisioned to take baby Alana's first ever official portrait photos.  At 9 weeks of age she proved to be the perfect model, and was very patient while myself and her parents put her into lots of weird positions to get the best shots.

For the lighting I used my Elinchrom lighting, and my Lastolite HiLite illuminated background (you have studio lights placed in it to create the perfect white background without creases and shadows). 
The only fun thing about the Hilite backgrounds are folding them away afterwards !!  Many a fun filled time has been spent perfecting the art of folding the 6ft x 7ft flexible structure away in its bag :)

Below are some of the shots I took over the hour I spent with Alana and her parents.  Some have been converted to black and white in Adobe Photoshop.



The next image was taken using natural light at the kitchen window and my Nikon 85mm portrait lens to throw the background sufficiently out of focus.  This super sharp lens is my latest purchase and I am very impressed so far with the results I am getting.


I hope you have enjoyed having a look at a different type of photography from my usual blogs. 

For further information about my work you can contact me via my website Eternity Images.

Thanks for popping by,

Kind regards Mark


1 comment:

Bob Bushell said...

Awe, aint things quaint.