Tuesday 22 January 2013

Some work from the last few weeks

Well , Christmas is well and truely behind us , but i wanted to tell you about a couple of small photographic related gifts that i received .

As i am often out with my camera during the cold days of winter , i always find using big clumsy gloves a pain , as i can't use any of the controls on the camera or lenses . I find that i am forever taking off gloves and putting them back on again , which is a real pain .
My mum asked me what she could get me for Christmas and , a pair of gloves for use with a camera was on my wish list . Come 25th December , i opened my parcel from mum and i was delighted to find a pair of Lowepro photo gloves . These are quite thin with rubber bobbles on the palms and fingers . They also allow the thumb and forefinger on each hand to slip out of the glove at the tip , with velcro on the fingers of the glove to keep the material out of the way . They are made of Lycra , with DuPont , for whicking sweat away from your skin .
I have been using them almost daily since i got them and have found them to be brilliant !!!! For a thin glove , they are really warm and allow you to still get to all the controls on the camera body and lenses .
The strange thing is i haven't been able to find them for sale in the UK . Mine came from Hong Kong , via Ebay. So if you don't mind waiting a little longer for them to arrive , i would highly reccomend investing in a pair . Mine came from Here .

The second gift was from a friend . They know that i like to be out taking images of wildlife and my two dogs in all weathers . So this gift of a waterproof mat to lay on was well received !! You can find the details of this here . Again , this has been put to good use during the recent snow that we have had . I am 6' 2" and i can lay on this and not get wet or cold from the ground . It rolls up and has a couple of clips to attatch to your camera bag , or even your belt .

Here are a couple of images taken using the mat and gloves , during the cold wintery weather that Britain has had .





Hope you enjoyed my blog and photos as well . If you want to see more of my work , or more of what i offer . Please visit my website , here .

Regards Mark.





3 comments:

Julie Hargreaves said...

The dogs are having great fun lovely snow photos

The Herald said...

Superb set of images Mark, good to see that you've managed to put the Christmas presents to good use already!...[;o)

holdingmoments said...

You wuss! Gloves? lol

Great snow scenes Mark.
The dogs are sure having fun in it.