Thursday 13 November 2014

Boy what a year!!

Its been a long time since I last did a blog!! I have been so busy with weddings, that I haven't had time to put one together.

Currently I have one wedding to shoot this year. This is one i'm really looking forward to! It takes place in Northumbria and right on the coast :-) I am so looking forward to getting some amazing coastal bride and groom images.

 The hotel that the ceremony is taking place in is also something special! Take a look Here. My mind is going crazy already about images and, I haven't even seen the place yet. I plan on getting there around midday on the Friday before the wedding. So I can have a good look around and even take the opportunity to capture some landscape images of the area.

This year started off with my first wedding at the The Novatel hotel, Linford wood Milton Keynes. Opposite is a BP petrol station and the bride was excited at getting some different images using the forecourt :-) Below is one of the images from that part of the day.

I have done many weddings this year at The cock Hotel in Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes.
You must have heard of the saying 'Cock & Bull story' ? Well, this is where it comes from! Legend has it that travellers would enter The Cock Hotel and tell a story of their travels. Th story would then be told again in The Bull hotel, a short distance from the Cock. The story was never quite the same. Hence the saying ' Cock & Bull'. See, you can even learn something reading my blogs lol.

I've had the pleasure of working with so many happy brides and grooms this year. All the weddings being very different from ach other. Two of the couples are keen motorbike riders. One of them had his vintage BMW as part of the wedding. Sitting pride of place in the courtyard of The Cock hotel.

The wonderful Abbey Hill golf course is one venue that I have wanted to work at for a while now. Then I get two bookings for it, both on the same weekend ! These were late October weddings, so the Autumn colours were amazing. Making for great backdrops for the wedding images. Another great one was the reception held at the Draycott Hotel, in Rugby, Warwickshire. Again a fantastic golf course is there to be used for the happy couple and me, their photographer. At both courses a golf buggy was on hand to get the newlyweds into location for the photos.

One enquiry that I had was from a bride who lives in North Dekota, USA !! I was hoping that they wanted me to attend their wedding in the states. It was in fact being held in the UK. At a wonderful church in the great old village of Woughton On The Green. The couple's honeymoon was a few days away in Paris. Then the bride was heading back to USA, to get things ready for when her new husband would land. This meant that I was up against it time wise, to get the images all processed and delivered for the bride to take back home. A couple of very late nights and long days sat in front of the computer made it all go without a hitch.

I've had the pleasure of working with some great wedding vehicles as well! From VW camper vans to classic Ford's. Its brilliant to be able to capture so many different vehicles as part of my work. Perfect for a petrol head :-)

I will be doing separate blogs for a lot of my wedding over the next week or so. But for now, here are a few photos from the year.

Hope you enjoy the blog and the photos.
 Jason & Nichola, Holiday Inn East, Newport Pagnell.
 Daniel & Melissa, Abbey Hill Golf Course, Milton Keynes.
 Above and below. Rebecca and Deepak. New Life Church, Greenleys, Milton Keynes.

No comments: