Tuesday 6 March 2012

First Blog Entry - this is daunting for a beginner !

Well, here we go !!  Yesterday I went to Focus on Imaging, a photography industry show at the NEC in Birmingham.  I took along my better half for a day out, and so I could load my sandwich bag and purchases on the back of her wheelchair, hence saving me having to carry them !! (you see my thinking? clever or what?).  Anyway we had a nice, if tiring, day, there were copious amounts of lenses, cameras, studio lighting, album ideas, camera bags etc, I was in my element and could easily have spent thousands of pounds on equipment !!  However being sensible I came away with half a rainforest in a carrier bag (on the back of the wheelchair) with ideas about wedding albums from some very prestigious companies from around the world.  I also came away with my one purchase, a padded camera strap which cost the grand total of, wait for it ............. £9.99 !! so along with 2 hot chocolates for my good lady and myself  I spent the staggering sum of £16.39, quite a feat when faced with many lenses I would have loved to buy. 

On a serious note I got to try out the Nikon fit, Sigma 85mm 1.4 lens which is my next purchase I am saving up for, and also got to have a play around with lots of Lowepro bags.  My current lowepro bag is groaning with the amount of equipment in it and I need a larger bag ! Any ideas on a good bag that will hold 2 DSLR's with grips and 5 lenses up to 300mm? Drop me a message.

Well my friends, for now, good bye and have a good day :)

No comments: