Monday 26 March 2012

A view of some of my older images .

I will start adding a few of my images from my library . I will start with a few from my many trips to The Lake District .

Anyone who has been for a visit to the Lakes will know that  there are endless places to spend a day with a camera , a flask of coffee , some cheese and onion sandwiches and a packet of Choccie Hobnobs !!

Near where i stay is a wonderful Victorian, seaside village and civil parish  .Up to the 19th centuary , the village was a port . But when the viaduct was built this caused the Estuary to silt up and this was the end of it being used as a port . The village is overlooked by the Arnside Tower , which was built around the 14th or 15th centuary .

One thing i love to capture here are the wonderful sunsets !! Which as you can see are something special !! The above image is a HDR image , which is when several shots are taken of the same scene , at different exposures , then merged together to give a high dynamic range of detail . I usually take 5 images and merge them . I use Photmatix software for doing this .

Derwent water is another place i love to visit and one of my images from the water front at Derwent was entered into the BBC Countryfile annual calender competition .And although it didn't win the competition , it was one of the 12 fianlists and was used as the February image in their 2011 calender .



The above image was the one used in the calender and they named it ' Sundown' .
As you can tell , it was a sunset image .I had been there early morning for sunrise , then returned for the end of the day . And am glad i did .

The weather in The Lakes has a mind of its own .So never take for granted what you hear on the radio or see on the tv . I have seen the weather change in a matter of minutes . As you can see in the above image .It was a really stormy day , but still worth getting out with my camera . As the light will change so quickly .You are almost guaranteed to get some stunning photographs .

I will be going through my massive library of images and adding more . It will take some time as i have over 30,000 images !!!! So i am now going for a soak in the bath .As i have overdone the work on my allotment today .And my poor old back is not too happy with me !!

So , once again , i hope you enjoyed looking at a few of my pics , and enjoyed the read .
Cheers Mark

2 comments:

holdingmoments said...

Enjoyed them immensely Mark; especially the first two. I remember the second one from Countryfile last year.

Unknown said...

Thanks Keith . The colour one of Derwent Water has been well used now .Appeared in many magazines and on a few calenders as well :)

Cheers Mark