Tuesday 6 March 2012

A nice walk with Mabel and my camera .

Well after yesterdays long day at the photographic show . I decided that today would be a lazy day .
So i went for a nice long walk with Mabel . If you decide to follow my blogs , you will come to see that Mabel is a huge part of my life . Mabel is a 9 month old Black & Tan Doberman . She is totally nuts and rarely sits still !!! Both my wife and i are hoping that she will eventually calm down a bit .Just so we can have some peace and quiet !!!

Mabel and i have found a wonderful walk local to us .It's about 4 miles long and wears the two of us out !! It takes in the restored and now residential Old Wolverton Water Mill . From there we cross the river Ouse , follow a few fields and for a short while we walk along the Grand Union Canal . Then onto a derelict canal that was previously called the Buckingham Canal .

Today i took out my Nikon D700 and just one lens .My choice was my Sigma 10-20 wide angle zoom . I wasn't after any landscape images . Just some silly ones of Mabel at the 10mm end of the lens .Using this at it's widest end and shooting up as close as it will focus gives some very unusual looking images . As this throws the perspective out and makes Mabel's nose even longer than it looks in real life !!!! And believe me , she has a nose that gets into many places it shouldn't .





I am going to attempt to add some photos to this blog from todays jolly . All of them were taken without looking through the viewfinder , so just a bit of fire the shutter and hope !! I have also adjusted the images in photoshop . You will see that i have over cooked the colours to make Mabel look a bit more crazy than she really is :-)  And as a last thing .You will see that she is jumping ove a fence along the footpath in a couple of images .This she learnt to do today and i couldnt stop her jumping back and forth ......... Just because she can !!!!

No comments: